03 July 2013

Dove è il valore?

For the past five weeks, our family has lived just south of Florence, Italy in a small town named San Donato in Poggio.  Returning yesterday, with twelve hours of flying and about nineteen of travel time, I am tired, excited, sad, happy, and reminiscent, already.



We stayed in a wonderful apartment, huge by Italian standards, with three bedrooms and one full bath, a balcony patio with tiled floors, a full kitchen WITH dishwasher, and even a clothes washing machine.  The people in town were very lovely and warm and we enjoyed meeting them all.


It was very interesting to me to see that even in a city so busy as Florence in the Tuscany region, with about 370,000 people (which swells to almost 2million during summer season), there are quite a few "affittasti" or available spaces to rent.  Also, many of the signs say "negoziabili" although I noticed this one more in Biella, a city of about 45,000 in the Piedmont region.

There were, fewer than I would have imagined, "immobiliare" or real estate offices.  Prices, however, quoted in Euros seemed reasonable until I did the current math, about $0.75 US dollars to the $1.00 Euro.

I guess if I want to live there, I will need to save a bit of cash.  It was really lovely!!  (and I particularly like this one, which does not even quote a price until you apply - in other words, if you have to ask . . . )

No comments:

Post a Comment