29 July 2013

Measure what is measurable, and render measurable what is not



This summer, our family was VERY fortunate to have been able to travel it Italy, and live for about five weeks south of Florence in a little town called San Donato in Poggio.  Needless to say, it was lovely in so many ways.

One of my favorite things after taking the bus to Florence many days, was the "Galileo" Museum.  I think they must call it this for better branding and PR, but truthfully it is a wonderful place full of Galileo and much much more.

As any good touristica would do, I purchased a t-shirt.  This one speaks to my heart as a total numbers geek, and I wear it this morning for the good mojo to find billboard site sales (an endeavour that in the past two attempts has been fruitless).

I like the sentiment, as an appraiser, broker and consultant.  Measure what is is measurable and render measurable that which is not.  I think he means if we cannot measure it, we have only not yet devised a way.  And, keep trying until you figure it out.  

I am taking it as a personal message from Galileo Galilei.

No comments:

Post a Comment